Saturday, May 05, 2007

Virtual World

Due to my short time period for my second year – as I am going on holiday early June I quickly started on the next part of my model which was the rest of the mapping of textures, I have also decided to change the majority of my windows which were actually transparent and window like, with some normal window textures. These problems occurred due to Quest 3D having a scranny and spitting out my transparent windows with a random selected colour. Dam programs that are not compatible. Ah well at least it wasn’t on a Macintosh! Here is a row of shops with the new textures placed on them.

Unwrapping UVW’s have been used a lot in my scene mainly for signs, the great thing about them is that once an object has been unwrapped the texture that I have created in Photoshop will nestle nicely on the object without having to adjust it. Saves time and looks good. Below is an example of Wetherspoons.